Thursday, January 7, 2010

Winter Sculpture

I am in the very early development stages of a series of sculptures based on the seasons. 
For some cold  reason, it made sense for me right now to start with winter. This might evolve into a book, it might not. We will see.
The initial research and sketches for the first sculpture are mostly done.

 

I made and armature and filed it up with aluminum foil, next I took wood paste and started sculpting. 

I still have a lot of sculpting to do and the wood paste is much harder to manipulate than I imagined. I am worried about the hands because I want them very long and slender, almost skeleton like. And the face!? Another concern is if the armature is strong enough to hold up the weight of the entire sculpture. I guess I will find out soon!
Stay warm.
 *

No comments:

Post a Comment