Friday, January 15, 2010

My Brooklyn Studio

I just read an fascinating article about artist's and writer's work spaces. The article came with pictures and I couldn't get enough of them. Some people work in tiny messy spaces, or large sprawled out places. Others work in organized minimal looking rooms. Everyone is so different. It made me look at my own space. My studio is on our home. I initially carved out a small section for myself, but my stuff keeps spilling over into other areas. I have many interests and thus need and use many different supplies. There are paints, pencils, paper, pastels, clay, beads, felt, fabric, wool, thread, ribbon, spread out everywhere. I like to have an overview of what I am working with and I'm always running out of table surface space. Here are some pictures. I did clean up a bit...
btw, it is national hugging day today! 
*

2 comments:

  1. do i have to clean my studio as well? argh....

    adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great space, Aileen! And so much natural light!

    ReplyDelete