Monday, March 16, 2009

Belgium Day 3


It's overcast, but not raining. Yesterday I went to the Baptism on my nephew Victor-Jan. My first time at a Baptism in a Catholic church, or any church for that matter. The church was beautiful and the priest surprisingly entertaining. Even though the ceremony was long, I wasn't bored for a second. The priest even threw in an english sentence here and there for my American husband.

Anyway, afterwards we ate a lot of great food, some very traditional Flemish items in which I couldn't partake because I do not eat meat any more. The dessert was fabulous. Tiramisu, but made with Speculoos, one of the most traditional Belgian cookies. Oh man, I am in for it again. I have to eat all the things I can't find in the States. I hope I still fit in my chair on the plane back to New York.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment