Thursday, September 30, 2010

Stranded - A quick note.

I'm stuck in the airport together with other unfortunate stuckees. All flights are delayed due to weather. (hard to believe while looking out at the clear blue sky) I am amazed at the sense of camaraderie that is developing between us stuckees (except for some frantic ac outlet hogging behavior all around).
Luckily, I am feeling calm and serene form a relaxing and recharging visit with my dear West Coast friends, who I can't thank enough for being the great people and faithful friends they are. (Yes, you know who you are).
I've been switching back and forth between my lab top and a really good book one of my very special friends lent me. David Foster Wallace's, A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again, is making this wait so much more significant and bearable. I have quickly fallen in love with this writer, and now have to read everything he has ever written.
I am ranting, sorry. It's just that I'm stranded...
*

2 comments: